Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

2 Christmas Memes

MEME No. 1 -
If you were trapped on a desert island at Christmastime and all you had was a small generator, Christmas lights for your coconut tree, an endless supply of Christmas cookies & eggnog (or hot chocolate), your CD player & 6 Christmas CDs , which 6 CD's would you want them to be?

In no particular order, but the first two are tied as my absolute favorites. It's a struggle each year to see which one will be played first!
1) Harry Connick, Jr. - When My Heart Finds Christmas

2) Josh Groban - Noel

3) Hallmark's 1997 CD - Home for the Holidays (w/ Trisha Yearwood & Point of Grace)

4) Hallmark's 2003 CD - Christmas is All in the Heart (w/ Steven Curtis Chapman)

5) The Chipmunks

6) Time Life's Treasury of Christmas Songs


MEME No. 2
Christmas Carols Questionaire
1. Love 'em, hate 'em, tolerate 'em, or...? Love 'em!

2. Policy: none before Christmas, none before Thanksgiving, or...? We start listening to them the day after Thanksgiving.

3. Favorite? Favorites, if you've got more than one? Do You Hear What I Hear; Joseph's Song; Mary, Did You Know?; Silent Night; O Holy Night - just to name a few

4. Least favorite? Drives you batty/hate it/turn it off if it comes on the radio? Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer; Santa Baby; Wonderful Christmastime - again, just to name a few!

5. Caroling door to door in neighborhood? Ever done it/would do it? Wouldn't even consider it? Would love to, if I felt safer. It's too risky anymore in some areas. I did it once in a nursing home & it went over very well.

6. Funniest kids' rendition, if any? Vader, Did You Know?; Nuttin' for Christmas; The Chipmunks (any)

7. Most inappropriate carol ever heard in a church setting (Catholic or otherwise)? Can't think of any off the top of my head.

8. The one foreign language carol I know (or know best) is...? Silent Night

9. Carol that perplexes you the most? Wonderful Christmastime & Santa Baby - Just can't figure out why they were ever written!

10. Carol your whole family will sing? Not sure, but they really like Mary, Did You Know? & it's spoof, Vader, Did You Know?

1 comments:

The Sassy Orange said...

Hi darling. Miss you and yours much. Hopefully we can get together soon.

Love ya!!