Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Has There Been a Recent Alien Invasion?

The munchkins were in their "Quiet Time" this afternoon. The Archangel & The Princess were in their rooms while The Prophet stayed downstairs in the living room. This gives them a chance to be alone for a while each afternoon. They don't have to nap (although The Princess usually does at some point). They just have to be quiet for about an hour & a half.

Well, I went upstairs to put The Saint down in his crib. The Archangel was thumping around in his room, so I went down the hall to tell him to be quiet. I walked into the room & saw him scooting on his knees, pushing a box across the floor. What was he doing? He was cleaning up the room that he & The Prophet share - all by himself w/out even being asked to do it. I knelt down & gave him a big hug, thanking him (w/ tears in my eyes) for doing it w/out being asked. He even said that later, he might even help The Princess clean her room.

This is the second time this week that he's cleaned w/out being asked. A few nights ago, he & The Princess worked on the basement (more him than her). Now, I know a lot of children do extra good deeds at this time of year, persuaded by Santa's visit. We, however, do not use that tactic because I don't think it's fair.

So, to the question in my title - has an alien taken over my munchkin? And if so, how long is he staying?

1 comments:

Allison said...

Sounds like Christmas came earlier to YOU this year! ;)