"If the only prayer you ever say in your life is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart
Colleen, from her inspiring blog Thoughts on Grace, hosts this wonderful meme each Wednesday. She says, "Deo Gratias is Latin for Thanks be to God. Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big & small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude!"
Each week, I join Colleen in remembering & sharing the many blessings in my life. This is such a great exercise for me, helping me to focus on the good that truly is happening in my life, no matter how many trials & stresses I may have.
1) My parents have known each other most of their lives, but didn't date until after high school. Thankfully they did, otherwise my sister & I wouldn't be here today! Deo Gratias!
2) They set great examples for us in so many areas that have helped us become the wives & mothers we are today. Deo Gratias!
3) They were not afraid to show emotion & affection in front of us. When HandyGramps returned home from work, HelpfulGrammy always greeted him w/ a kiss. They told us (& showed us) often that they loved us & each other. Deo Gratias!
4) They were both strict & lenient, depending on the situation. I think that balance helped us grow into adulthood w/out a sense of entitlement. Deo Gratias!
5) Our needs were always provided for. I'm sure there were many times that money was tight, however, we never felt the penny-pinching. We had everything we needed...most importantly, we had each other! Deo Gratias!