Colleen, from her inspiring blog Thoughts on Grace, hosts this wonderful meme each Wednesday. She says, "Deo Gratias is Latin for Thanks be to God. Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big & small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude!"
Each week, I join Colleen in remembering & sharing the many blessings in my life. This is such a great exercise for me, helping me to focus on the good that truly is happening in my life, no matter how many trials & stresses I may have.
1) Our furnace has been working to keep us warm. Deo Gratias!
2) Matt had what one of my Facebook friends called a "divinely sanctioned day off" on Monday. The garage door wouldn't open, so he couldn't get to work. He was also able to stay out of the cold weather. Deo Gratias!
3) Hot coffee, hot tea, hot cocoa, hot drinks...keeping us warm on these cold days. Deo Gratias!
4) Running water & electricity. Deo Gratias!
5) Blankets & books...I just love snuggling under a blanket w/ a great book. Deo Gratias!