This is the Liebster Award (as near as I can figure out it an "I love you/love your blog" award of coolness). It is given from one blogger to another and involves a number of random, cool things about them and you. If it is awarded to you, you have to post 7 random things about yourself, answer the 7 questions asked by the person who tagged you and tag 7 bloggers that you like and come up with 7 questions for them to answer. And it can only be awarded to blogs with less than 200 followers. It could also be just a fun game for the self promotion of small blogs--I'm okay with that!
7 RANDOM things about me
1) I tend to get a sneezing fit when I think hard (improvising a prayer, trying to write a blog post, etc.)...Does that mean I'm allergic to thinking?
2) Despite my five-eighths Italian heritage, I'm not a big fan of tomatoes. I'm getting better & will eat small slices on sandwiches or in salads, but I still can't sink my teeth into a ripe, juicy tomato w/out gagging.
3) What does a school bus driver, a teacher, a cheerleader, a pediatrician, & a beautician have in common? At one time or another as a child, those are all things I wanted to be when I grew up. In a way, I actually did become each of those & much more! (See my profile description!)
4) After watching the documentary Food, Inc. last week, I'm really starting to think about how we feed our family & what we can do to eat better, healthier, & more economically. There's so much to learn & making the changes all at one time is so overwhelming, but we're taking baby steps!
5) In my late 20s, I met Michael Learned (the mother on the Waltons). She was related, by marriage of one of her children, to one of our parishioners at church. She was a very sweet woman.
6) Instead of judging the way people dress or act at church, esp. when they are receiving the Blessed Sacrament, I pray for them!
7) I generally have a high tolerance for pain. The exception to this would be the four times I was in labor, after being induced w/ Pitocen. With The Prophet, I was dead-set on having him naturally. However, Pitocen kicks contractions into overdrive, causing them to come one on top of the other...so, the epidural became my friend for his birth & the other three, as well.
My Answers to Judy's Questions
1) Which is your favorite: A soft, quiet rainfall....a field of snow that hasn't been walked upon yet...or, a sunrise?
I'd have to say a field of snow that hasn't been walked upon yet. There's just something about the peace & quiet of the freshly blanketed earth.
2) What is something new you've been learning about lately?
Quilting...I've been reading the Elm Creek Quilts series by Jennifer Chiaverini & just love the camaraderie between quilters, as well as historical aspects of quilting she's added. I made a T-shirt lap quilt for The Princess that just needs batting & backing (as soon as I can find the right foot for my sewing machine).
3) Are you an early riser or a night owl or both?
I guess I'd be closer to an early riser. I'm usually up around 6:30am, although I'd love to get myself up earlier. Most nights, I'm in bed by 10:30pm.
4) Do you like to dance?
Yes, especially w/ my dear hubby! (Shhh! Don't tell, but there are times when I'm ironing & listening to the radio, that I'll be dancing around & ironing to the music.)
5) If you were at your favorite restaurant right now, what would you order?
I'd be at Genji, Japanese Steakhouse ordering chicken & scallops. The meal would also include veggies (zucchini, onions, & mushrooms - I'd give hubby the mushrooms!), salad w/ ginger dressing, soup, bean sprouts, fried rice, & Yum-Yum sauce...all cooked right at our table by a fun chef!
6) What's one of your favorite family activities?
Movie Night...we try to have them a couple times a month w/ a family friendly movie & homemade stove-top popcorn. Lately, we've been working through some of Hayao Miyazaki's movies...our favorites so far are My Neighbor Totoro & Howl's Moving Castle.
7) Which season do you enjoy decorating for, the most?
Winter, esp. Christmas. Growing up, my parents gave us an ornament each year & I still have many of them. I've also collected many other decorations over the years. Unfortunately, we don't have enough space to display all of them.
I am giving this award to the authors of the blogs I follow
1) Eileen at Ordained Praise
2) Karri at My Life's a Treasure
3) Erika at Raising (& Teaching) Little Saints
4) Mary at Coffee, Yarn, & Words
5) Susan at Conjectures of a Guilty Bystander
6) Victor at Time for Reflections
7) Lisa at Home to 4 Kiddos
Here are the 7 questions I'm asking you!
1) What's your favorite breakfast food?
2) Do you prefer Italian, Mexican, Oriental, or another cuisine?
3) Many people habitually sit in the same section every Sunday at church. We normally sit on the right side (facing the altar) & in the second row from the front. So, what is your seating preference...left or right; front, middle, or back?
4) In your opinion, what does 1 + 1 equal? (Think outside the box!)
5) Let's talk chocolate...Do you prefer dark, milk, or white?
6) What was your favorite school subject & why?
7) Have you ever met anyone famous? If so, who?