My dear blogging friend, Judy, over at A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings, hosts this meme every Wednesday. Simply list five things (or a prayer or any thoughts) for which you are truly thankful this week. Voicing my thanks helps put my life in perspective & realize that, no matter how bad things might be, there is still MUCH good surrounding me.
1) I'm thankful for the return of our internet! Last Friday's storm fried our modem & it was replaced today.
2) I'm thankful that, because I wasn't distracted by the internet, I was able to read quite a bit & get a lot done around the house. (Stay tuned for Small Successes to read what I accomplished!)
3) I'm thankful our neighbor was able to repair the munchkins' bathroom & w/out having to cut into the wall. We now have three functioning bathrooms again...the first time in at least 2 years!
4) I'm thankful for the beauty & magnificence God created during the storm on Friday. That electrical light display was incredible. (I even wrote up a post on it HERE.)
5) I'm thankful for homemade sherbet! I found a recipe that I used when I was a young'n & decided to try it out on the munchkins. They LOVED it & it is SUPER EASY!
1 Kool-Aid packet
1 cup sugar (I use a closer to 3/4 c.)
2 cups milk
Blend for 5 minutes.
Freeze or drink as a smoothie (it's great either way!)