Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Small Successes

"It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that."
FaithButton



1) I went to a combination Tastefully Simple, Pampered Chef, & Lia Sophia party on Sunday & DID NOT PURCHASE A SINGLE THING!!! I was very tempted, but knew we just didn't have the money at this time. It was nice to visit w/ my best friend & some other ladies for a few hours. With our busy schedules, we don't see much of each other.

2) I kept to our meal plan for the last week & a half. Any alterations have just been trading nights for meals.

3) I've been trying to make an effort to avoid yelling at the munchkins. I hate the fact that I'm a "yelling Mom" & have been working at doing better. When I catch the urge to yell, I just close my mouth & put my head in my hands to let the moment pass or I try to talk firmer, yet softer. I'm nowhere near perfect & still find myself yelling at times (like today), but I've been trying...does that count?

So how's your week been? Check out Faith & Family Live's weekly Small Successes.

4 comments:

Judy Dudich said...

OHHHHHHH YES!!!!!!!! TRYING, DEFINITELY COUNTS MUNCHESMOM!!!!!!!
Good girl!
Now, I don't know who Lia Sophia is (sorry)...but I REALLY love those other two and applaud your GREAT success in not making any purchases there!!!

Maria said...

Thank you, Judy! Lia Sophia is a jewelry company. It's nice stuff, but I just don't wear much ... usually my wedding ring, crucifix, & maybe a pair of earrings.

Maria said...

Thank you, Colleen! Your prayers will be greatly appreciated. I saw your blog posts on Centering Prayer but haven't had time to really absorb them yet. I'm hoping to VERY soon!

Unknown said...

Great job trying!!! Believe me, from one yelling Mom to another, it really does matter. Also, awesome job sticking to the meal plan AND the budget. These are so important to your families well being! AWESOME list my friend!! AWESOME!! Keep up the good work!