Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Small Successes

FaithButton


I'm a little later than usual today, but it's never too late to share success! In joining Danielle Bean & other wonderful ladies at Faith & Family Live, here are my small successes for the past week:

1) I've stayed away from the grocery store for six days! No going in, no spending money!!

2) The homilies I heard at church the past two weekends have stuck w/ me. For the first time in a long time, I could actually tell you what they were about.

3) Went to a local farmers' market & got lots of great fruits & veggies today: corn on the cob, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, cucumbers, garlic, watermelon, new potatoes, & apricots. Plus, the munchkins were REALLY good for my mom & me, despite the crowd.

Check out Faith & Family Live for more successes.

This is my 28th round of Small Successes. Multiply that by three (since most of my entries consisted of three), then that's at least 84 Small Successes for me in the past few months. I'd say that is a success in itself!!

3 comments:

Loren said...

Hi
Number two is a BIG success. Your children are beautiful, by the way. I love farmer's markets too.
-Loren

Maurisa said...

Love the math! It really makes those three successes add up :-)

ViolinMama said...

Love your list!! I'm so glad you enjoyed the homilies, and WOW on saving $$. I keep aiming to have a pantry and freezer clean out and no store. I'm thinking that will happen next week.

Your fruits and veggies today sound yummy. Good for you! Your parents showed through to with their behavior. I know you work so hard!

God Bless!