Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Friday, September 12, 2008

Mommy, Watch Your Mouth!

I guess now that I am homeschooling, I have to hold myself accountable for my own language. I guess I really didn't realize how often I said a certain word until The Archangel called me on it. He's been working through his Reader Rabbit readers & doing a great job. I kept correcting him on the pronunciation of the word "get" making sure that he didn't say "git." He's done quite well, in fact, he's done so well that he now corrects me! Apparently, I'm one of those people guilty of always saying "git" as in "Go git your school box, please." He keeps saying "You mean get, Mommy." Yes, I do! As adults, we get into lazy habits regarding our language usuage. Having children really keeps me on my toes!

And you thought this was going to be a post about naughty words...shame on you!

2 comments:

Bondfam said...

Come on! We grew up in the country, sis. What do y'all expect?!

Bondfam said...

P.S. Love the new page!