Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Storms

As I was lying in bed this morning, wide awake from the storm that hit around 3am, I was reminded of my childhood fear of storms. My fear did not stem from the bright flashes or the loud cracks of thunder that followed. No, my fear came from The Flintstones & other cartoons! I specifically remember an episode where Fred was running & the lightning kept striking his derriere. In my child's mind, I thought that was the lightning's target. So, I tried to keep my bottom from it. I would walk around the house w/ my back against the walls, I would only sit in furniture that was facing the windows, & I would sleep flat on my back.

Peace,
munchesmom

3 comments:

Bondfam said...

Do you remember what Mom said her mom used to do when she was little? Grandma didn't want her parents to think she was afraid of the storms, so when they asked her what was wrong, she replied, "Nothing, I just swallowed a piece of glass!"

Maria said...

Yep! I almost put that in her too. I told the munchkins about it today & all The Princess kept saying was, "Meemaw wallow glass?"

Spookylady said...

That is so funny munchesmom...I don't remember you doing that but it cracks me up!