Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Deo Gratias

  https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhgmWC0xzWdo85CoaTymct-DPUVIesyQO84RARauQ38_rEGBhogYluEZH0R8VbLnHEOrcNWHuTcxoRUiJ_8p4-UWgU7JFjHOfY939JA4yvSH5rL9aPljyuu_1ysGsch71M0FyqBkT2ZUMI/s1600/deo-gratias+buttom.jpg
"If the only prayer you ever say in your life is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart


Colleen, from her inspiring blog Thoughts on Grace, hosts this wonderful meme each Wednesday. She says, "Deo Gratias is Latin for Thanks be to God. Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big & small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude!"

Each week, I join Colleen in remembering & sharing the many blessings in my life. This is such a great exercise for me, helping me to focus on the good that truly is happening in my life, no matter how many trials & stresses I may have.
**********
1) Mixed blessings...Due to some major budget cuts, I've had two hours cut at work. While I will miss the pay from those hours, it's nice to have two more hours w/ my family on Saturdays. Deo Gratias! 

2) My cousins from Colorado were in town last week. It was great to see them & have our children play together. They get along so well, even though they only see each other about once a year. Deo Gratias! 

3) I've been reading some free books on my Kindle lately that were written in the early 1900s. They're sweet stories of the plain people...Menonites & Amish.  Deo Gratias! 

4) I am so happy to be a member of our church choir now. The first official rehearsal was last night & I felt so blessed to be among the wonderful voices, singing for God. Deo Gratias! 

5) A new (to us) coffee house! There is one near our church that Matt & I went to last week while the Blessings were in PSR. What a wonderful date afternoon for the two of us! Deo Gratias!

0 comments: