Since our mutual friend, Judy, has decided to leave the blogging world, Colleen at Thoughts on Grace, has decided to host a new meme on being thankful.
Colleen says, "Deo Gratias is Latin for Thanks be to God. Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big & small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude!"
Each week, I will join Colleen in remembering & sharing the many blessings in my life. This is such a great exercise for me, helping me to focus on the good that truly is happening in my life, no matter how many trials & stresses I may have.
This week, I am focusing on thanksgiving & prayers...
1) While I am thankful for our safe travels in blowing snow this morning, I pray for those in Detroit involved in a 30 car pile-up, esp. those who lost their lives.
2) While I am thankful for the four beautiful blessings I've given birth to, I pray for those 55 million+ innocent babies murdered through abortion in the past 40 years.
3) While I am thankful for the warmth of my home on this cold, blustery day, I pray for those who are homeless or have to be out in this weather for extended periods of time.
4) While I am thankful that Colleen has started this meme, I pray for & will miss Judy as she withdraws from the internet world to focus on her Faith & family.
5) While I am thankful for & pray for the wonderful opportunity my nephew will have in Milan, Italy for his LDS mission, I pray for our whole family as we go for two years w/out seeing him.
You are more than welcome to join also...just list five or more blessings from God on your blog (or in the comments here or on Colleen's blog) & link back to your blog post on her blog.