Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Friday, September 18, 2009

Getting Through Life's Tough Spots

I normally listen to our local Christian music station, but for the past few weeks, I've been on a Country kick. Maybe it's the nostalgic feeling I seem to get every Fall...I don't know. Some of my favorites lately have been Toby Keith's American Ride (leave it to Toby to tell it like it is!), several of Taylor Swift's songs, almost anything by Tim McGraw, & various others.

This refrain from Rodney Adkins just struck me as I was listening to the radio.

If you're going through hell,
Keep on going, don't slow down,
If you're scared, don't show it,
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

It seems that lately, we've just hit one rough patch after another. (I won't bore you w/ all the details!) What a great way to shift the focus away from the tough spots life throws at you. Of course, leaning on God is the best defense & even when going through hell, He's there w/ us.


0 comments: