Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings

My dear blogging friend, Judy, over at A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings, hosts this meme every Wednesday. Simply list five things (or a prayer or any thoughts) for which you are truly thankful this week. Voicing my thanks helps put my life in perspective & realize that, no matter how bad things might be, there is still MUCH good surrounding me.

1) I'm thankful we have our computer back, however, I'm thankful for the time I had w/out it! I was able to spend a lot more time accomplishing things around the house & more time w/ the munchkins, too! Now that we have it back, I can see myself slipping back into my old ways. I'm trying to make a BIG effort to turn it off when I'm done so that I'm not tempted to pop over every time I walk by to see if I've gotten a new email or if my favorite blogs have been updated w/in the last five minutes.

2) I'm thankful The Prophet is finding out that he loves cooking! Yesterday, he (w/ some of The Archangel's help) made ALL of our meals for the day...chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast, mac & cheese for lunch, grilled cheese for dinner, a special dessert (bite-size Jell-O Jigglers in an ice cream cone), & stove top popcorn for bedtime snack. He's looking forward to experimenting more.

3) I'm thankful I made it to Children's Urgent Care just before they closed on Saturday. (I thought they were open until 10pm, but they closed at 8pm.) The Saint had been up for three nights in a row coughing & had started coughing more during the day. While they aren't able to help w/ the cold virus, he did have the beginning of an ear infection. Thankfully the antibiotic is working & he's starting to feel more like his old self.

4) I'm thankful The Archangel's new medicine is helping out some. He's still VERY hyper & we'll probably have to add meds for that too, but the biggest issue was his anger & aggression. While things have not been 100% better, we have seen some big changes, including the return of his wonderful smile!

5) I'm thankful for the newest addition to our extended family. My cousin & her husband in Colorado welcomed their second girl very early this morning. I wish I could share her name w/ you...it's beautiful & her middle name is the same as The Princess' (our grandmother's name...unusual & very beautiful). I can't wait to see photos & then meet her in person this summer.

2 comments:

Judy Dudich said...

Congratulations to your family on their new little one with the beautiful name! lol

Those meals and that dessert sound DELISH!!!!!!!

I too, always log my computer off so that it's not too convenient for me during the day...unless we need it on for classes. I also try to reserve my time for the "in betweens"...when their still sleeping in the morning...on lunch break...and at night. We only have a half day today so I'm being treated to this luxury of browsing my faves when it's after 9 am!

Thanks for sharing this meme with us!

Eileen @ Ordained Praise said...

The Prophet is doing fabulous for 10 years old in the kitchen. I'll remember your other children in my prayers so that they get and stay healthy. I'm glad the new medicine is helping the Archangel. Congratulations on your cousin's new babe!