Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

New Name

After HandyGramps & I came up w/ his name for my blog, I started thinking that my mom should have a name too. So, w/out further ado...my mother will now be known as:

HelpfulGrammy

Why HelpfulGrammy, you ask? My mother is the type of person who will go out of her way if necessary to help when you need her.

She has a very dear, longtime friend who went through breast cancer & a double mastectomy several years ago. HelpfulGrammy was there to take her to appts., shopping, etc. when her husband couldn't.

A little over a month ago, she loaned her car to my neighbor for a week (& they'd never met before.)

She is in charge of the group at her church that provides the luncheons after funerals. This is such a wonderful ministry for those families who lose a dear one & she does it w/ complete compassion.

Numerous times I've called for her assistance...babysitting the munchkins, venting about a rough day, etc. She was here at home w/ me when I was on bedrest w/ my last two pregnancies.

These are just a few of the many things she does for others. HelpfulGrammy is probably not a strong enough name for her, but I don't think Blogger would let me have enough space to give her a 100% fitting name! Love you, HelpfulGrammy!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Awww, how sweet!

Unknown said...

About the rosary patches - according to our religious coordinator anyone in the diocese can earn the badges. here is the link: http://www.cdeducation.org/oym/dccs/

Lynn