Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Small Successes

FaithButton

Each success is important - no matter the size. For the past couple months, I've been participating in Faith & Family Live's Small Successes. Women from all over the world share three of their successes from the past week. Here are mine:

1) I cleaned most of the refrigerator (all but the two bottom drawers) - I took everything off the shelves & tossed "science experiments", took off the shelves & scrubbed them, scrubbed the inner walls, then rearranged everything as I put them back in. I still need to do those last two drawers & the freezer side. Perhaps those will make it to next week's successes!

2) I got together w/ my dear college friend, Lawgirl, on Sunday. We went to a movie (my first in I don't know how long - maybe Charlie & the Chocolate Factory?!?) We saw 17 Again w/ Zac Efron. It was a modified take on an old theme of going back to do part of your life over. It was a cute girlie-girl type movie - not a lot of thought required, which was just what I needed. Afterwards, we picked up Chinese take-out & brought it home to share w/ Casionodad & the munchkins.

3) I tended to part of God's great earth - I did some weeding & mulching in front of our house while the munchkins played outside in the beautiful spring weather.

See & share others at http://www.faithandfamilylive.com/. Have a wonderful week of Small Successes!

5 comments:

ViolinMama said...

GReat job! It's nice to have a mental break with movies. I'm so glad you did some things for yourself, AND mulched, and cleaned. You are amazing. And thanks for your comment - man, you have your house covered :) You don't need me - I need you!!

God Bless!

EChristyBA said...

Thank you for your post - good job taking time for you! And let me say, I got quite distracted by the rest of your blog - thanks for all you are doing over there to bring about The Kingdom. Bless you.

Jenny Lynn said...

Great job on the refrigerator! I usually have to have a baby and the ensuing descent of maternal helping hands to attack ours!

God Bless!

Amanda said...

Great job on carving out some time for yourself! You reminded me, our refrigerator needs a good cleaning too... hmm maybe it will be on my next week's list.

Anonymous said...

Good for you to take time out with your friend! Sounds awesome!